Business Development Manager Rail
Jobs-April 1, 2022
Business Development Manager – Rail
Type: Permanent, Full Time
Working hours: Mon – Fri, 08.00 – 17.00
Job Function: Maximise opportunities and revenue with new business and existing account customers, helping to steer the sales focus and support company strategic objectives.
Reporting to: Sales Director
Liaising with: Customers, Sales, Subcontractors, Depot & Head Office Staff.
The ideal candidate will have good communication skills, excellent planning, and organisation capabilities along with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Develop new and existing rail customers in line with budget requirements and the strategic plan
- Comply with approved sales process when qualifying prospects, nurturing leads, and identifying opportunities to produce budgeted order conversion ratio
- Prepare and deliver customer account plans to maximise profitable revenue growth and compliment company objectives whilst managing customer expectations in relation to the rail industry
- Comply with company guidelines regarding the maintenance and updating of customer contact databases (CRM)
- Promote the Kelling Group brand and core values to maintain market leading image
- Work closely with clients’ supply chain, safety, bidding and technical teams
- Follow company’s Employee handbook policies and procedures.
- Any other ad-hoc duties.
- 3-years+ new business development, sales and account management experience required; industry or affiliated rail industry experience
- Strong sales capabilities and a proven track record in new business development
- Results-orientated with the ability to work to targets and deadlines
- Strong communication skills; both verbal and written
- A professional and polite approach to Customer Services, ensuring accuracy of information and ensuring that all parties are effectively communicated with
- Excellent self-organisation and attention to detail, to ensure accurate enquiry logging
- Ability to establish credibility and be decisive, but able to recognise and support the preferences and priorities of the organisation
- Ability to work closely with colleagues at all levels and build rapport with internal and external customers
- Able to demonstrate effective negotiation skills to ensure business is won on viable commercial terms
- Ability to prepare a proposal or service level agreement
- Presents themselves and their company vehicle in an acceptable and tidy manner
- Good IT literacy for production of presentation, sales analysis and management reports
Welfare Hire Nationwide Ltd is the market leader in mobile welfare and lighting, with the largest and most modern fleet in the UK. Following significant investment, the business is continuing to expand and is currently recruiting for a BDM to join the sales team covering nationally, predominantly in the Northern region. This role will suit an ambitious, dynamic salesperson capable of developing new business opportunities and optimizing existing accounts in line with strategic objectives. This is a customer facing, field-based role targeted on new business development from prospects, as well as developing and maintaining a base of existing customers.
You will identify new business and develop relationships with target customers to maximise all opportunities with the portfolio of Welfare Hire Nationwide. You will have the ability to understand the client’s needs and be able to introduce WHN’s innovative, value added proposition. You will keep in regular contact with your customer base using the CRM system and customer plans so that progress can be maintained and monitored.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a target-driven sales hunter with account management capabilities. You must have a proven track record in Sales and New Business Development, within either the welfare or affiliated rail sectors. You will have the ability to build credible, lasting relationships to ensure long-term, sustainable strategic growth. You must be an excellent and confident communicator with the ability to sell value-added, differentiated products.
The role benefits include a competitive salary and very attractive bonus scheme with a company car and 25 days holiday plus additional statutory holidays.
This is a great opportunity to join a fast-growing business and dynamic team with future development opportunities. Please contact Human Resources at Welfare hire Nationwide with your CV and cover letter.
For more information on this position, please apply today with your latest CV email@example.com
*The Company reserves the right to amend your job description in the line with the changing demands of the business.
*Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.