Jobs-July 18, 2023
Type: Permanent, Full Time
Working hours: Mon – Fri, 08.00 – 17.00
Job Function: To support the Depot Manager with the day-to-day running of the depot.
Reporting to: Depot Manager.
Liaising with: Head Office, Yard Operatives, Drivers & Valeter’s.
An opportunity has arisen for a focused and passionate person to become part of a dynamic team at our Normanton depot as a Depot Assistant. You will support the Operation Manager and Depot with all day-to-day administrative tasks.
- Ensuring vehicle status is up to date on transport sheet.
- Allocation of all fleet numbers onto Syrinx.
- Liaising with Hire desk regarding vehicle progress.
- Raising and cancelling of jobs on Workshop Scheduler.
- Liaison with Ops and external repair agencies / contractors.
- Dealing with drive in customers as and when required.
- Plan and execute transport and workshop in the Ops managers absence.
- Raising and receipting of purchase orders.
- Organising new vehicle fit out.
- Working closely with Depot and Workshop Controller to maintain an efficient service.
- Cover for the operation Manager during periods of holiday.
- Follow the company’s employee handbook, policies and procedure.
- Any other ad-hoc administrative duties required by the business.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes.
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to prioritise workload and work under pressure.
- Demonstrable problem-solving skills.
- Detail orientated with the ability to meet tight deadlines.
For more information on this position, please apply today with your latest CV to firstname.lastname@example.org