Depot Manager – Remount Centre
Jobs-February 5, 2024
Location: South Kirkby
Type: Permanent, Full-time
Working hours: Mon – Fri, 8am – 5pm.
Job Function: Overall responsibility for the smooth, efficient and cost-effective running of the depot. To ensure a consistent high quality of service and products.
Reporting to: Operations Manager.
Liaising with: Operations, LCV Technicians, Hoist Engineers, Group Asset Manager, Head Office Staff.
An exciting opportunity has been created for a focused and passionate person to become part of the dynamic team at Access Hire Nationwide. Our newly opened Remount Centre in South Kirby is in its infancy and is a pivotal part of our business strategy in maintaining our fleet. The ideal candidate will have a minimum 3 years previous experience within Automotive/Engineering Workshop or Repair Centre Management, strong communication skills and confidence managing a team. You will need to be well organised and motivated to work to your highest standard and demonstrate leadership capability.
- Effective management of all staff within the depot.
- Assume responsibility, protect and track company assets at all times.
- Ensuring quality and workmanship meets company expectations.
- Ensure that all workshop staff are motivated and developed to achieve Depot and Company targets
- Manage the Hoist Engineers, whilst liaising with 3rd party contractors and internal support functions
- Manage the booking-in process of all vehicles and stock into the depot
- Support engineering staff on technical matters to achieve all time bound objectives and quality standards.
- Collating data on build program and KPI’s for reporting
- Interpret data and report on corrective actions to address underperformance or non-compliance
- Depot future workload forecasting and successful delivery
- Financial and operational reporting
- Manage working hours, verify and sign off weekly timesheets.
- Liaise with the Stores Person to order all spares and ancillaries as per the preferred suppliers and maintain optimum stock levels.
- Complete fleet audits.
- Ensure adequate staff cover at all times by authorising holiday requests.
- Maintain and ensure cleanliness & tidiness of offices, workshop and yard areas.
- Key holder and custodian of the depot.
- Ensure that the company’s health and safety policy and procedures are adhered to in relation to all depot operations.
- Attend H&S committee meetings as a worker’s representative, bringing forward Staff concerns or ideas.
- Review and establish training needs and where appropriate, provide one to one coaching or alternatively in conjunction with the Operations Manager and EHS Manager consider external training.
- Liaise with the EHS Manager on all health and safety matters including depot checks, training, accident and incidents, equipment maintenance and new starter induction process.
- Support HR in assisting carry out general HR processes including disciplinary and investigations, absence management of the team, and recruitment as required
- Follow company’s Employee handbook policies and procedures.
- Any other duties requested by your Manager.
- Minimum 3 years previous experience within Automotive/Engineering Workshop or Repair Centre Management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Leadership abilities.
- The ability to rise to a challenge or change, resolve conflict and find a successful way forward
- Effective planning and organizational skills.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft OfficeTM programs.
- Vehicle or mechanical experience
- Supervisory Management qualifications preferred.
- Confident managing a team.
- Be capable of working under pressure, exacting deadlines.
For more information on this position, please apply today with your latest CV firstname.lastname@example.org