Depot Manager – Scotland
Type: Permanent, Full-time
Working hours: Mon – Fri, 8am – 5pm.
Job Function: Overall responsibility for the smooth, efficient, and cost-effective running of the depot. To ensure a consistent high quality of service and products.
Reporting to: Operations Manager.
Liaising with: Customers, Depot Managers, Hire Desk, Service Desk, Field Service Engineers, Drivers and all other Head Office Staff.
The ideal candidate must have a previous experience in a similar role, strong communication skills and confidence managing a large team. You will need to be well organised and motivated to work to your highest standard and demonstrate leadership capability.
- Effective management of all staff within the depot.
- Assume responsibility and protect all company assets.
- Ensure optimum availability of all products, including units under repair.
- Plan and execute the most cost-effective delivery and collection of all products.
- Monitor vehicle age and mileage and ensure all servicing is carried out as per the manufacturer’s guidelines.
- Manage working hours, verify and sign off weekly timesheets.
- Order all spares and ancillaries as per the preferred suppliers and maintain optimum stock level.
- Complete weekly fleet audits.
- Ensure adequate staff cover at all times by authorising holiday requests.
- Ensure compliance with driving hours including downloading tachographs on a weekly basis.
- Maintain and ensure cleanliness & tidiness of offices, workshop and yard areas.
- Organise the collection of waste and file all waste transfer notes.
- Key holder and custodian of the depot.
- Ensure that the company’s health and safety policy and procedures are adhered to in relation to all depot operations.
- Attend H&S committee meetings as a worker’s representative, bringing forward Staff concerns or ideas.
- Review and establish training needs and where appropriate, provide one to one coaching or alternatively in conjunction with the Operations Manager and EHS Manager consider external training.
- Liaise with the EHS Manager on all health and safety matters including depot checks, training, accident and incidents, equipment maintenance and new starter induction process.
- Follow Company’s Employee Handbook, Policies and Procedure
- Any other duties requested by your Manager
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Leadership abilities.
- Effective planning and organizational skills.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft OfficeTM programs.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Supervisory Management qualifications preferred.
- Be capable of working under pressure exacting deadlines.
For more information on this position, please apply today with your latest CV firstname.lastname@example.org
*The Company reserves the right to amend your job description in the line with the changing demands of the business.
*Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Kelling Group is a leading provider in the hire of specialist access equipment, access platforms, welfare unit hire and services to growing infrastructure and associated end markets.
We are innovators in Specialist Hire, passionate about quality and partnering with our clients to deliver fully outsourced specialist equipment solutions. In our core areas of specialisation, Kelling Group owns and manages the most contemporary, youngest and largest fleet in the UK.