Jobs-May 26, 2023
Type: Permanent, Full-time
Working hours: Mon – Fri, 8am – 5pm.
Job Function: Overall responsibility for the smooth, efficient and cost-effective running of the depot. To ensure a consistent high quality of service and products.
Reporting to: Operations Manager.
Liaising with: Workshop Controller, Hire Desk, Operations, LCV Technicians, Hoist Engineers, Head Office Staff.
The ideal candidate must have a previous experience in a similar role, strong communication skills and confidence managing a large team. You will need to be well organised and motivated to work to your highest standard and demonstrate leadership capability.
- Effective management of all staff within the depot.
- Assume responsibility, protect and track company assets at all times.
- Ensure optimum availability of all products, including vehicles under repair.
- Manage the LCV Technicians, Hoist Engineers and Valeter’s in conjunction with the process of preparing vehicles ready for hire using the workshop scheduler.
- Manage the booking-in process of all vehicles including the damage inspection process, ensuring notification to the Recharge Controller.
- Arrange estimates for damage and vehicle repairs in conjunction with the Recharge Controller.
- Manage working hours, verify and sign off weekly timesheets.
- Liaise with the Stores Person to order all spares and ancillaries as per the preferred suppliers and maintain optimum stock levels.
- Complete weekly fleet audits.
- Ensure adequate staff cover at all times by authorising holiday requests.
- Maintain and ensure cleanliness & tidiness of offices, workshop and yard areas.
- Key holder and custodian of the depot.
- Ensure that the company’s health and safety policy and procedures are adhered to in relation to all depot operations.
- Attend H&S committee meetings as a worker’s representative, bringing forward Staff concerns or ideas.
- Review and establish training needs and where appropriate, provide one to one coaching or alternatively in conjunction with the Operations Manager and EHS Manager consider external training.
- Liaise with the EHS Manager on all health and safety matters including depot checks, training, accident and incidents, equipment maintenance and new starter induction process.
- Support HR in assisting carry out general HR processes including disciplinary and investigations, absence management of the team, and recruitment as required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Leadership abilities.
- Effective planning and organizational skills.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft OfficeTM programs.
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Supervisory Management qualifications preferred.
- Confident managing a large team.
- Be capable of working under pressure, exacting deadlines.
For more information on this position, please apply today with your latest CV email@example.com
*The Company reserves the right to amend your job description in the line with the changing demands of the business.
*Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.