Yard Foreman – Huntingdon
Jobs-November 29, 2022
Job Function: Responsible for the day to day running of the workshop/stores function, providing, optimum availability of assets, ensuring required standards are achieved.
Reporting to: Depot Manager.
Liaising with: Yard Foreman, Operatives, Painter, Customer Support Engineers, Valeter’s.
The ideal candidate who will have a proven track record in managing a warehouse/yard in a fast-paced environment and experience of effectively running a successful function.
- Supervising the workshop staff, distributing work equitably and efficiently to ensure product availability KPI is achieved.
- Ensuring preventative maintenance is carried out as per the manufacturer’s guidelines and in a cost-effective manner.
- Ensuring all major repairs are identified, parts ordered and carried out in a timely manner.
- Carry out tasks which would normally be assigned to workshop staff as necessary to ensure required availability is achieved.
- Supporting and advising staff on any aspect of their work they are unsure of.
- Ensuring company compliance of all workshop/yard policies, legislations and procedures as well as taking responsibility for health and safety issues of the workshop/yard.
- Ensuring all assets returned from hire are fully inspected, damages recorded, appropriately notified to the relevant department, and costed in a timely manner.
- Identify and reporting any training requirements in order to operate efficiently, effectively, safely, and professionally.
- Carrying out regular staff 1 -2 – 1 as required.
- Guaranteeing optimum availability of spares and consumables and stocking programme, whilst ensuring all parts are correctly assets and FSE’s.
- Ensuring housekeeping is well maintained including excellent external presentation of our branch.
- Maintain accurate administrative records.
- Follow company’s Employee handbook policies and procedures.
- Any other duties requested by your manager.
- Previous experience of running a workshop/stores function, with a proven track record of managing a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent leadership, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of the products/industry would be an advantage.
- Full driving licence.