Jobs-March 1, 2023
Type: Permanent, Full Time
Working hours: Mon – Fri, 08.00 – 17.00
Job Function: Contribution to the day-to-day support of the Hire Desk Team and Depots, with the key focus being on deployment of Welfare Hire Fleet. You will be responsible for any schedule changes whilst using our own resources and those of 3rd parties when necessary.
Reporting to: Hire Desk Manager
Liaising with: Customers, Sales, Subcontractors, Depot & Head Office Staff.
The ideal candidate will have good communication skills, excellent planning, and organisation capabilities along with strong attention to detail and accuracy. The role would suit a candidate with strong planning and communication skills.
- Keeping and maintaining accurate and correct data regarding everything pertaining to fleet.
- Managing Fleet capacity across 4 depots to enable deliveries to be completed in the most commercial way.
- To support Technical Support in keeping customers fully informed of the outcomes of a reported breakdown when this results in an exchange, where needed.
- Ensure efficient allocation of fleet whilst understanding cost if applicable and operational impacts on time and resource.
- Ensuring that high levels of customer service are always maintained. An ambassador for “Customer First”.
- Support the wider Hire desk with any questions or queries and with workload management, where appropriate.
- Building great working relationships internally and externally with in-depth fleet knowledge.
- Developing a strong sense of customer ownership.
- Working to deadlines and the ability to priorities and manage changing workflows.
- Oversee and resolve any issues regarding fleet.
- Liaising effectively with Transport Controller.
- Support with managing transport capacity across 4 depots to enable deliveries to be completed in the most commercial way.
- Support Transport Controller in ensuring efficient allocation of drivers whilst understanding cost and operational impacts.
- Work closely and communicate effectively with the Hire Controllers, Depot Manager’s and Hire Desk Manager.
- Review working process and bring change as and were required.
- Follow company’s Employee handbook policies and procedures.
- Any other ad-hoc duties.
- Strategic planning abilities.
- Strong geography knowledge
- Strong communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritise and delegate where necessary
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft office.