Health and Safety Assistant
Jobs-September 5, 2023
Type: Permanent, Full-time
Working hours: Mon – Fri, 8am – 5pm.
Job Function: To provide support to the Group EHS Manager and the wider business in the management and control of EHS-related risks across offices and depots.
Reporting to: EHS Manager.
Liaising with: All Staff.
The ideal candidate will have a keen eye for detail and be willing to progress into a wider EHS role in the future. The role holder will be a self-starter, who is dedicated to the safety, quality & environmental impacts of the Group as a whole.
- Support with managing and updated the Company’s library of Health, Safety and Environmental documents, helping to ensure that they are up to date with any new legislation.
- Helping to ensure that site and depot working is carried out in line with HSE regulations by a programme of site audits.
- Assist in producing and updating risk assessments and method statements (including both generic and site-specific RAMS)
- Ensure staff training matrix is HSE compliant and records of PPE/Safety equipment issued and ensure the equipment is tested and HSE Compliant.
- Completion of any PQQs that the Company receives.
- Carry out Accident and Incident Investigations from an administrative perspective.
- Administer and maintain the incident index and identify preventative actions in relation to accident, Incident and near misses.
- Maintain the Training matrix for all staff, including booking and organising training, liaising with the depots.
- Create and facilitate toolbox talks alongside the EHS Manager.
- Creating COSHH assessments and maintain all MSDS.
- Monitor master checklist.
- Assist with external audits.
- Act as a point of contact for health and safety issues.
- Collate EHS-related data for potential Board and Operational meetings.
- Assist in promoting a positive safety culture across the depots and drive staff self-reporting using the observation reporting system.
- Cover and support the EHS duties of the EHS Manager in absence or annual leave periods.
- Assist and support in introduction and implementation of EHS systems and software where needed to drive efficiencies.
- Any other duties commensurate with this post.
- Full and valid UK Driving License
- Working towards or willing to work towards a degree in EHS, NEBOSH, IOSH, Environmental Management
- Any relevant certifications preferred: (Certified Safety Professional, Quality certification, First Aid, NEBOSH, IOSH, Environmental Management etc.)
- Experience within a workplace or depot environment preferred
- Proficiency or willing to work towards a proficiency in applicable EHS codes, standards, regulations, etc.
- Experience interacting with EHS related regulatory agencies preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong IT skills
- Strong analytical and organisational skills.
For more information on this position, please apply today with your latest CV firstname.lastname@example.org