Jobs-August 31, 2023
Type: Permanent, Full-time
Working hours: 40 hours.
Job Function: Responsible for Workshop maintaining vehicles, carrying out inspections, repairs and services.
Reporting to: Depot Manager.
Liaising with: Logistic Supervisor, Hire Desk, Vehicle Mechanics, Hoist Engineers, Drivers and all other Head Office Staff.
The ideal candidate must be confident and able to carry out vehicle diagnostics using a range of diagnostic equipment and also prepare vehicles for MOT test.
- Carry out routine maintenance and repairs on all types of vehicles.
- Inspect, diagnose and rectify any mechanical and electrical faults.
- Repair or replace broken or defective parts.
- Attend breakdowns on site, fault diagnosis and correct rectification.
- Correctly process all jobs on the works handheld tablet to include the allocation of labor and any parts used.
- Process any parts requirements and support the optimum parts stock level system.
- Be diligent and report any potential customer recharges to the Depot Manager and via the handheld tablet.
- Provide back-up support in other areas within the business.
- Ensure that the company’s health and safety policy and procedures are adhered to in relation to site operations.
- Be an ambassador for the company, ensuring a polite, friendly and professional manner at all times.
- Follow company’s Employee handbook policies and procedures.
- Any other duties requested by your Manager.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as an LCV Technician.
- NVQ Level 3 qualification in Light Vehicle Mechanics, Maintenance Repair.
- Experience in carrying out diagnostic repairs and fault finding.
- A full current driving license.
- Ability to prioritise tasks, work well under pressure and to strict deadlines.
- Awareness and understanding of health and safety requirements.
- Good professionalism and ability to work as part of a team.
For more information on this position, please apply today with your latest CV firstname.lastname@example.org
*Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.