National Account Manager Rail
Jobs-December 5, 2022
Type: Permanent, Full Time
Working hours: Mon – Fri, 08.00 – 17.00
Job Function: Maximise opportunities and revenue with new business and existing account customers, helping to steer the sales focus and support company strategic objectives.
Reporting to: Head of Sales
Liaising with: Customers, Sales, Subcontractors, Depot & Head Office Staff.
The ideal candidate will have good communication skills, excellent planning, and organisation capabilities along with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Develop new and existing rail customers in line with budget requirements and the strategic plan
- Comply with approved sales process when qualifying prospects, nurturing leads, and identifying opportunities to produce budgeted order conversion ratio
- Prepare and deliver customer account plans to maximise profitable revenue growth and compliment company objectives whilst managing customer expectations in relation to the rail industry
- Comply with company guidelines regarding the maintenance and updating of customer contact databases (CRM)
- Promote the Kelling Group brand and core values to maintain market leading image
- Work closely with clients’ supply chain, safety, bidding and technical teams
- Follow company’s Employee handbook policies and procedures.
- Any other ad-hoc duties.
- 3-years+ new business development, sales and account management experience required; industry or affiliated rail industry experience
- Strong sales capabilities and a proven track record in new business development
- Results-orientated with the ability to work to targets and deadlines
- Strong communication skills; both verbal and written
- A professional and polite approach to Customer Services, ensuring accuracy of information and ensuring that all parties are effectively communicated with
- Excellent self-organisation and attention to detail, to ensure accurate enquiry logging
- Ability to establish credibility and be decisive, but able to recognise and support the preferences and priorities of the organisation
- Ability to work closely with colleagues at all levels and build rapport with internal and external customers
- Able to demonstrate effective negotiation skills to ensure business is won on viable commercial terms
- Ability to prepare a proposal or service level agreement
- Presents themselves and their company vehicle in an acceptable and tidy manner
- Good IT literacy for production of presentation, sales analysis and management reports
For more information on this position, please apply today with your latest CV firstname.lastname@example.org
*The Company reserves the right to amend your job description in the line with the changing demands of the business.
*Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.