National Account Manager
Jobs-January 8, 2024
Type: Permanent, Full-time
Working hours: Mon – Fri, 8am – 5pm.
Job Function: Responsible for building and managing relationships with key national customers to achieve strategic growth targets and ensure customer satisfaction. This role involves developing strategic account plans, coordinating with cross-functional teams, and serving as the primary point of contact for key clients. The National Account Manager would also be responsible for developing new business in strategic sectors with target prospects.
Reporting to: Sales Director
Responsible for: NA
Liaising with: Directors, Senior Managers, Business Development Managers, Hire/Service Support Controllers, Business Intelligence Analyst, Accounts Dept.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience in a similar role coupled with excellent communication and organisational skills. Will have a customer-centric approach to drive customer excellence whilst adapting to change associated with strategic growth. We are looking for an individual who is the consummate professional, patient with a “people-first attitude’’.
- Develop and maintain strong, long-term relationships with key decision-makers within client organisations
- Ensure full understanding of clients requirements from a partnership perspective and help with future planning in line with their goals
- Proactively address any client concerns and issues to maintain high levels of customer satisfaction
- Develop strong network of key stakeholders within key accounts and sectors
- Grow sales in line with budget requirements and the strategic plan
- Create and execute strategic account plans to achieve revenue and growth targets
- Develop national accounts to optimise sales and supplier position with a focus on long-term sustainable growth
- Develop new business with targeted prospects in key strategic sectors
- Collaborate with internal teams to ensure best in class customer service is delivered
- Promote the Kelling Group brand and core values to maintain market-leading image and identify cross-selling opportunities
- Negotiate terms and conditions of contracts, pricing, and service agreements
- Ensure all contractual obligations are met and that both parties adhere to agreed-upon terms
- Monitor sales performance, analyse data, and adjust strategies as needed
- Stay informed about industry trends, competitors, and market dynamics
- Provide feedback and recommendations to adapt to changing market conditions
Reporting and Documentation
- Maintain accurate records of client interactions, contracts, and sales activities through internal CRM system
- Prepare regular reports and updates for senior management
- Any other tasks commensurate with this post
- 3 years+ senior account management experience required; industry or affiliated industry experience
- Excellent track record in sales growth via account management and new business development
- Strong sales capabilities and a proven track record in new business development
- Highly organised self-starter
- Results-orientated with the ability to work to targets and deadlines
- Strong communication skills; both verbal and written
- Ability to work dynamically and nurture relationships across multiple stakeholders to grow, maintain and leverage your network
- Ability to travel as required to meet clients and attend industry events
- Ability to identify potential opportunities and the appropriate decision makers
- Ability to establish credibility and be decisive, but able to recognise and support the preferences and priorities of the organisation
- Team player able to work closely with colleagues at all levels and build rapport with internal and external customers
- Ability to demonstrate effective negotiation skills to ensure business is won on viable commercial terms
- Plan approaches and pitches to develop proposals that speaks to the client’s needs, concerns and objectives
- Excellent IT literacy for production of presentation, sales analysis and management reports
- Focused and persistent with a will to win
Access Hire Nationwide Ltd is the market leader in vehicles mounted MEWPs and other specialist vheicles, with the largest and most modern fleet in the UK. Following significant investment, the business is continuing to expand and is currently recruiting for a National Account Manager to join the sales team and support further growth and development with key strategic accounts. This role will suit an experienced, ambitious, dynamic salesperson capable of developing new business opportunities and optimizing existing accounts in line with strategic objectives. This is a customer facing, field-based role targeted on developing and maintaining a base of key strategic accounts, as well as new business development from targeted prospects.
You will identify new business and develop relationships with target customers to maximise all opportunities with the portfolio of Access Hire Nationwide whilst at the same time identifying opportunities for the wider Kelling Group. You will have the ability to understand the client’s needs and be able to grow sales through promoting AHN’s value-added proposition.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for an experienced target-driven sales hunter with account management and sales leadership capabilities. You must have a proven track record in key account management and new business development. You will have the ability to build credible, lasting relationships to ensure long-term, sustainable strategic growth. As a team player, you will be comfortable with managing and organising your own sales activity whilst supporting the wider strategic growth plan with colleagues. You must be an excellent and confident communicator with the ability to sell value-added products and services.
The role benefits include a competitive salary and very attractive bonus scheme and benefits package.
For more information on this position, please apply today with your latest CV email@example.com