Senior Fleet & Transport Controller
Jobs-September 15, 2023
Type: Permanent, Full Time
Working hours: Mon – Fri, 08.00 – 17.00
Job Function: Overseeing and contributing to the day-to-day support of the fleet & transport department. You will be responsible for any schedule changes whilst using our own resources and those of 3rd parties when necessary. The Senior Fleet & Transport Controller will be responsible for the training and development of new and existing staff regarding processes and procedures whilst offering guidance and support.
Reporting to: Hire Desk Manager
Liaising with: Senior Hire Controller, Hire Controllers, Operations, Customers, Sales, Subcontractors, Depot & Head Office Staff.
The ideal candidate will have good communication skills, excellent planning, and organisation capabilities along with strong attention to detail and accuracy, previous experience in a similar role and looking to make the next step on their career journey.
- Ensure the Fleet & Transport team functions to build great working relationships internally and externally.
- Ensure staffing levels are appropriate to the volume of work, also maintain and safeguard the correct balance of productivity.
- Keeping and maintaining accurate correct data regarding everything pertaining to a fleet.
- Managing Fleet capacity and de -fleet information in a timely manner.
- Maintain awareness and drive performance to ensure high levels of performance, accurate administration work, along with reviewing and actioning where necessary with the guidance of the Hire Desk Manager
- To appraise Transport process and communicate 3 quote rules.
- Ensure efficient allocation of fleet whilst understand cost impact and operational impact.
- Liaising effectively with wider teams across both businesses.
- Ensuring that high levels of customer service are always maintained. An ambassador for “Customer First”.
- Developing a strong sense of customer ownership, being fully conversant with all aspects of the relevant customer requirement and process.
- Working to deadlines and the ability to prioritise and manage changing workflows.
- Maintain and safeguard the correct balance of productivity.
- Oversee and resolve any issues regarding fleet.
- Work closely with the wider department, reviewing process and procedures and adopting collective best practice.
- Review working process and bring change as and were required.
- Compile and provide weekly reports for the board of directors.
- Training new members of staff on the correct processes and procedures, being on hand for any first line queries from the team before relaying to the Hire Desk Manager
- Carry out and complete HR duties where necessary for the Fleet and Transport team, e.g. absence reporting, performance monitoring etc.
- Follow company’s Employee handbook policies and procedures.
- Any other ad-hoc duties.
- At least 2 years experience in Fleet & Transport or a similar role.
- Strategic planning abilities.
- Strong communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Highly organised self-starter
- Ability to prioritise and delegate where necessary
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft office.
For more information on this position, please apply today with your latest CV email@example.com