Senior Hire Desk Controller – Maternity Cover
Jobs-February 23, 2024
Type: Maternity Cover up to 12 months, Full Time
Working hours: Mon – Fri, 08.00 – 17.00
Job Function: Overseeing and contributing to the day-to-day running of the Hire Desk reporting to the Hire Desk Manager. The Senior Hire Desk Controller will be responsible for the training and development of new and existing staff regarding hire desk processes and procedures whilst offering guidance and support alongside liaising with the Senior Service Controller.
Reporting to: Hire Desk Manager
Liaising with: Fleet & Transport, Operations, Customers, Sales, Subcontractors, Depot & Head Office Staff.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience in a similar role coupled with excellent communication and organisational skills and looking to make the next step on their career journey.
- Monitor & support the day to day running of the Hire Desk team
- Coach/guide the Controllers and ensure all are appropriately trained
- Recruit and ensure a Best Welcome for new controllers
- Carry out managerial tasks such as 1-2-1, return to work, probation reviews etc., holiday and timesheet approval, in line with company guidelines and standards.
- rollout and maintain FAST, KPIs, BEST WELCOME and any new company procedures.
- Helping the Hire Desk function to build great working relationships internally and externally and learn in depth product knowledge to support Welfare Hire customers
- Maintain awareness and drive performance in relation to the Hire & Sales KPI’s to ensure high levels of performance, accurate administration of contracts along with reviewing and actioning where necessary with the guidance of the Operations Desk Manager
- Working to deadlines and the ability to prioritise and manage changing workflows.
- Developing a strong sense of customer ownership, being fully conversant with all aspects of the relevant customer requirement and process.
- Management of enquiry pipeline and the follow up including inbox management, open quotation process and lost hire recording and analysis.
- Help to ensure correct staffing levels are appropriate to the volume of work, also maintain and safeguard the correct balance of productivity.
- Compile and provide weekly reports for the Hire Desk Manager
- Training new members of staff on the correct processes and procedures, being on hand for any first line queries from the team before relaying to the Hire Desk Manager
- Follow company’s Employee handbook policies and procedures.
- Any other ad-hoc duties.
- At least 2 years of Hire experience
- Strategic planning abilities
- Strong communication skills
- Highly organised self-starter
- Excellent self-organisation and attention to detail
- Excellent team player
- Strong IT skills (knowledge in Microsoft Office packages)
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Strong customer service background
For more information on this position, please apply today with your latest CV firstname.lastname@example.org