Senior Logistics Controller
Jobs-September 1, 2023
Type: Permanent, Full-time
Working hours: 40hours per week, Mon – Fri.
Job Function: Responsible for assisting the smooth, efficient and cost-effective running of the logistics function. To ensure a consistent high quality of customer service.
Reporting to: Logistics Supervisor.
Liaising with: Customers, Hire Desk, Vehicle Mechanics, Hoist Engineers, Drivers and all other Head Office Staff.
The ideal candidate will have strong communication, analytical, organisational and customer service skills. You should be team player that can motivate and manage various individuals to work together to achieve the same goal.
- Assist in the supervision of all delivery staff, including full-time, casual and agency workers.
- Assist in the coordination of the day-to-day route planning for delivery, collection and exchange of all vehicles using the driver scheduler on Syrinx.
- Booking and off hiring all hire cars ensuring the best commercial options.
- Ensure compliance with driver hours and downloading of tachographs on a weekly basis.
- Booking of overnight accommodation where required.
- Report and request payment of toll road, ULEZ and congestion charges.
- Maintain and ensure cleanliness of the office area.
- Ensure that the company’s health and safety policy and procedures are adhered to in relation to all depot operations.
- Cover for the Logistics Supervisor during periods of holiday.
- Liaise with the EHS Manager on all health and safety matters including depot checks, training, accident and incidents, equipment maintenance and new starter induction process.
- Follow company’s Employee handbook policies and procedures.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft OfficeTM programs.
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- An understanding of compliance within the transport industry.
- Ability to prioritise workload and work under pressure.
- Demonstratable problem solving skills.
- The ability to meet sometimes short deadlines and to be detail-oriented are also essential.
For more information on this position, please apply today with your latest CV email@example.com