Senior Maintenance Controller
Jobs-September 21, 2022
Job Function: To ensure the smooth, efficient and cost-effective running of the Maintenance function.
Reporting to: Service Manager.
Liaising with: Customers, Suppliers, Depot Manager, Operations Team and Accounts Team.
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication and organisational skills. An understanding heavy goods vehicle and light commercial vehicle servicing would be an advantage.
- Monitor & support the day to day running of the maintenance team, monitor and support the Fleet Service Controllers.
- Assist by receiving breakdown calls and providing solutions by liaising with the relevant suppliers/engineering support companies.
- Ensure vehicle downtime is kept to an absolute minimum, escalating & reporting weekly any breakdowns that have been VOR for more than 7 days.
- Provide a high level of accuracy and detail on all records created within Syrinx.
- Monitor parts request updates and ensure any rechargeable parts used are sent to the recharges team.
- Offer technical assistance to recharges team to efficiently rectify any disputes.
- Monitor & follow through any technical issues with live breakdowns to ensure they are being dealt with in a timely manner.
- Communicating with customers and giving regular progress updates on vehicle repair status.
- Handling the complaints process and escalating where required.
- Liaising with suppliers to negotiate the best commercial arrangements relating to maintenance costs.
- Identifying and facilitate any training requirements of the team and supporting delivery of this.
- Monitor and arrange replacement requests ensuring that they are dealt with in an efficient manner keeping the customer updated at all stages of the process.
- Arrange daily updates from key engineers and suppliers.
- Assist in recruitment and training of new team members.
- Ensure all recoveries are dealt with and followed up in a timely manner keeping the customer updated at all stages.
- Interact closely with other departments, in particular, finance, workshop and sales.
- Authorise time sheets and holiday requests for team members.
- Always maintain professional and courteous conversational dialogue when speaking with customers.
- Ensure that the company’s health and safety policy and procedures are adhered to in relation to all office operations.
- Any other ad-hoc duties.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Organised and keen eye for detail.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Good time and task management.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft OfficeTM programs.
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Good multitasking and teamwork skills.