Jobs-May 10, 2022
Job Function: Overall responsibility of the smooth, efficient and cost-effective running of the stores function.
Reporting to: Senior Stores Controller / Ops Manager.
Liaising with: All staff and suppliers.
The ideal candidate will have strong leadership and communication skills, will have excellent planning and organisation skills with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- To negotiate and ensure we achieve the most economically advantageous tender (MEAT) across all our suppliers and be able to demonstrate cost savings.
- Rationalise the supplier database(s) and maximise the group purchasing power.
- Identify areas improvement/savings and share best practice.
- Facilitate bulk orders and distribution within the business.
- Set up and maintain parts inventory and preferred suppliers on Syrinx.
- Raise purchase orders and place and track with suppliers. Handle any queries relating to delivery and stock discrepancies.
- Check in all deliveries and ensure they are booked on to Syrinx.
- Ensure optimal stock levels are achieved and maintained.
- Book out and issue spares to the relevant department, checking in the process if they are rechargeable.
- Allocate items to assets on Syrinx to assist with full life asset costing.
- Carry out regular stock takes.
- Oversee the warranty claim process.
- Report and follow up any discrepancies or quality concerns with the supplier.
- Ensure supplier compliance with health, safety and environment requirements of materials and services
- Ensure that the company’s health and safety policy and procedures are adhered to.
- Any other ad-hoc duties.
- Experience in a similar role.
- FLT license is required.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to prioritise and organise own workload / able to work to deadlines.
- Be a team player.
- Be professional, and positive.
- Have integrity, initiative and focus.
- Attention to detail.
- Be able to think, communicate and present information effectively.
- I have read and understand the content of this letter and sign below as receipt and acceptance.