Access Platform Engineer
Jobs-April 28, 2023
Type: Permanent, Full-time
Working hours: 40 hours.
Job Function: To provide engineering support for the workshop function. Full training to be given.
Opportunity for semi-skilled engineers to be trained as Access Platform Engineers.
Reporting to: Depot Manager.
Liaising with: Engineers, Parts Dept, LCV Technicians.
- Carry out pre-delivery inspections of vehicle mounted platforms at the Depot.
- Ensure compliance with the manufacturer’s guidelines, company policy and any regulations affecting the safe operation.
- Communicate effectively with the Depot Manager with regards to any defects or unsafe equipment.
- Carry out LOLER inspections in compliance to the manufacturer’s guidelines & regulations.
- Correctly process all jobs on the works handheld tablet to include the allocation of labour time and any parts used, updating the status of all vehicles as appropriate.
- Ensure efficient stock control processes are adhered to for all parts/consumables used.
- Report any potential customer recharges or warranty repairs to the Service Department.
- Ensure that the company’s health and safety policy and procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Maintain the workshop/workspace in a clean and safe manner.
- Follow company’s Employee handbook policies and procedures at all times.
- Experience with mobile or vehicle mounted access platforms maintenance and inspection routines.
- IPAF Competent Assessed Person (CAP) qualification.
- Relevant general maintenance qualification and proven experience gained within the plant rental sector.
- Experience in auto electrics, hydraulics and diagnostics/fault finding.
- Ability to prioritise tasks and work well under pressure.
- Good interpersonal skills and an acute understanding good customer service.
For more information on this position, please apply today with your latest CV email@example.com
*The Company reserves the right to amend your job description in the line with the changing demands of the business.
*Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.